6.08.2007

The Friday Smile -- I Wish I Knew How to Quit You Edition

There comes a point in everyone's life when they find themselves on the side of a mountain fending off the advances of Heath Ledger.

Sure, it might seem like a good way to pass the time at first, but sometimes you have to take a step back, wake up, check your spelling, get your head out of the clouds, stop making those really weird noises with your mouth, and realize that even if he seemed likable in A Knight's Tale, it's the same song and dance he gives every cowboy that comes up here with him.

It's the same with any addiction. You've got to put out the fire, ask the tough questions, transform your perceptions -- start thinking outside the box!

Just because something is cute doesn't necessarily mean that it's good for you. You have to be able to separate the dreams from the reality, and the truth from the lies.
But above all you need to know when to let go.
I know it's hard -- I've had to deal with this sort of thing myself recently. You get so deep into a habit that you can't see just how much it's taking over your day to day life.

Which is why I'm making a pledge right here to try and avoid posting any more LOLcat-type links on this site if I can possibly help it. It's not going to be easy, but with your help I think I'll finally be able to beat this thing.
After all, I don't want to end up like this.

No comments:

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails