8.08.2008

Browser Carnies

Here's a cool one -- a widget that attempts to guess your gender based off your web-browsing history. Kind of a "what do your sites say about you" type of thing. I'm at work, so the results are probably different than they'd be at home (where I tend to do a lot more ..research) -- but I still came out 70% on the dude end of the spectrum according to this.

It's a fun little time waster that also gives you a nice little reminder that no matter how much you think you're sneaking around and fooling people -- anyone with a little bit of savvy can figure out where you've been on the web within seconds.

One note: the scanning process locked up my IE for a moment, but the site warned me that it was a possibility before I started. FireFox apparently doesn't have any problems with it.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Satorical said...

Guess this wasn't one of your Perez Hilton days.

I tend to clear out my history a lot, but I was 78% male.

That means 22% of me is all woman, baby.

Clicking Girl said...

wow... 95% woman for me... why am i kinda shocked to be so predominantly a woman?

unMuse said...

in case anyone's curious:

it an invisible layer he puts the links to all the different websites and then the page checks to see if they've been visited. he ranks each site as male or female and VOILA! your browsing sexual orientation

(there's no security risk)

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails