12.15.2006

Death by Caffeine

Have you ever been drinking coffee or soda to wake yourself up in the morning and you get to that point where you can tell the caffeine is getting to you?

Sometimes when that happens to me I'll find myself staring at the mug and saying "This stuff is going to be the death of me."

I always thought of it as just a saying, but perhaps there's more to it than that -- which is where this handy dandy little doodad comes in. Simply select your favorite energy drink, soda, or coffee style, and then using your body weight it quickly calculates just how many drinks of that type it would take to kill you.
According to the site, 155 cups of coffee would do me in.
What it doesn't say is if I have to drink them in a row, or if the effect is cumulative -- which is an important distinction, because if it is:
I'm living on borrowed time.

(Feel free to post your own death numbers in the comments!)

1 comment:

Satorical said...

The great thing about coffee is that it's tough to intentionally abuse it--when you feel ill, you stop drinking coffee.

Not so with Red Bull. There are lots of Red Bull acheivers ending up in hospitals thanks to the crazy dosage of caffeine. Eight cans a night is not smart.

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails