9.14.2008

NSFW Sunday: F***ing Seth Rogan

I like Kevin Smith. At the time it came out, Clerks was so unexpected, so raw and in a strange way pure that it made it hard not to like the people involved. He followed that up with a string of hits and misses, cameo appearances in other people's movies and speaking tours that help keep his spirit and face alive in the pop culture eye, even when his films fail to find wide success.

At the same time, as someone who really liked some of his early work -- I hate to say that I've been really disappointed with some of his more recent efforts. Clerks 2 was sort of a waste of my time because it sort of felt mailed in, like a soft attempt to recapture the fun of the original that never really came close except for the level of profanity involved.

Now he's got a new movie on the way, and with it comes the inevitable viral marketing campaign. And when you consider that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have been friends of Smith's for a long time -- it only makes sense that something like this might follow.

1 comment:

unMuse said...

That's hilarious. I've always like Kevin Smith's stuff, even the misses.

off topic, but kinda related.. Have you seen the adverts for Choke? I had no idea and should keep up with movie news, but I'm cautiously excited and hopeful. It was a great book.

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails