9.16.2009

Adventures of Power

Either this is the most quirky, brilliant idea ever -- or someone with a 3-picture development deal lucked into a night where they saw Napoleon Dynamite, Zoolander, and Dodgeball back to back and just ran with the results.

But whatever the case, your long unfulfilled dream of watching a movie about ..air drumming has finally come true.



For the record, I love air drumming. I've long said to anyone that will listen that all guitar players secretly wish they were drummers. As a result, we're usually the ones with air drumsets in our cars or at our desks at work.

So as a concept, I'm definitely crushing on this.

My problem is that the trailer only looks sorta meh at best. To think that I'd be ho-hum about a feature that ends with an epic air drum battle to Rush's Tom Sawyer might sound like sacrilege, but when the romantic subplot surfaced in the trailer I immediately found myself wondering if this wouldn't have worked better as a Funny or Die short.

Regardless, it's kinda cool to see Adrian Grenier actually getting some non-Entourage work, and if there was a half decent arthouse theater in this town that I could drag a couple of friends out to see this I bet it would be a good time.

But in the end, I'm just not sure a full-length feature on this subject is worth it.

What do you think?


2 comments:

Satorical said...

*You* should have a three-picture development deal. You have your finger on the pulse of what works, what doesn't, and when.

Werdna said...

HAHAHAH! I might actually see another movie.

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails