2.15.2009

A Well-Named Site

I'm in the market for a new laptop. My aunt recommended I check Craigslist, and sent me a listing for a new MacBook Pro at less than half of retail price. I told her it sounded like bs, but that I'd e-mail the person. I asked for the serial number so I could check out the computer's warranty. Here's the response:

Hello,

I still have the laptop. But the thing is that i'm in Italy for my school
(I have the machine with me). I hope you are still interested
and we can make the deal happen right away. Obviously we need a safe way
to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive
what we are after. I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast
(3 days) and easy. The solution is Royal Mail, they will provide
assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the laptop.
With this procedure you will be able to check the laptop
before I receive the payment.

Let me know what you think.

Richard Glaser

1) No serial number
2) Offer to complete transaction by wire service
3) In foreign country

Pass.

Anyway, stay informed about scams of all types.
Apparently fraud of all sorts is on the rise, with criminals preying
on the desperation of the unemployed and under-employed.
If you have a doubt about the legitimacy of an offer, check this site out:

http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com

No comments:

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails