4.11.2007

Honoring the Worthy


By now you probably know that Kurt Vonnegut has died. Sometimes when someone dies we say "a little light has gone out in the world." Mr. Vonnegut was a great shining beacon. To me, he represented hope, and the type of person who makes the world better by the way he lives. The very definition of humanism.

I can't say much that won't be said for the next week or so, and it's not like this was unexpected--I remember reading his stuff in college, and he was marvelling that he hadn't died already then--but he was my favorite author, and never failed to make me laugh and think at the same time. I think I've read Breakfast of Champions four times.

What a great human being.

1 comment:

Hex said...

The man was a treasure. There won't be another one like that for a long, long time.

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails