1.02.2006

How to Eat Sushi

It's really hard to tell if this is serious or not, as the constant tone of the narration kinda lulls you into a sense of comfort and security, only to be followed a moment later by that feeling of culture clash and confusion when you catch yourself saying "Wait, what was that last part??"

Regardless, all I can think of when I watch this video is the first time I had sushi with some of my oldest friends in California. I was new to the cuisine and asked our host for a few pointers on what to do so I wouldn't look like an idiot when we got to the place. He explained how things were set up, what things were good to try, and generally what to expect.

Then he leaned in close with this serious look in his eyes and said "Now this is important -- somewhere in the middle of the meal, they're gonna offer you a cup of special wine. Whatever you do, DON'T drink it."

Well of course none of us listened, and several hours later we ended up at a Karaoke place singing songs with the people from the Sushi bar. Definitley a night to remember (as much of it as I can remember, that is).
Campai!

No comments:

Related Stories:

Related Posts with Thumbnails